How to connect Bleskomat ATM to OpenNode via the Bleskomat Platform
In this guide you will learn how to connect your Bleskomat ATM to an OpenNode custodial wallet account via the Bleskomat Platform.
- What is OpenNode?
- Setup OpenNode Account
- Connect your Bleskomat Platform account to OpenNode
- Configure your Bleskomat ATM
- Fund your wallet
- Test the setup
What is OpenNode?
Bitcoin payments and payouts made simple. Get lightning-fast, low-cost bitcoin payments and payouts for your business with [OpenNode's] powerful API, ecommerce plugins, or hosted payment pages.
For more information see opennode.com.
Please note that identity verification is required to use OpenNode. We will not cover this in the guide but it should be straight-forward to do on the OpenNode website, should you choose to do so.
Setup OpenNode Account
In order to use OpenNode you must create an account, click on the Sign Up / Log In button in the top right corner. You'll need to confirm your e-mail after sign-up. After confirming your e-mail you will need to provide additional information on your initial login.
Once you are in your account dashboard, click on the Wallets button on the left-hand side. To send payments you will first need to setup 2FA. Click Enable and follow the steps provided to setup 2FA with your account. You will fund the wallet later in this guide.
Now that you have your wallet ready, let's get the connection info needed. Click on the Developers button in the left-nav. On the Developers page click the Integrations button.
In the API keys section click on Add Key, in the pop-up menu you can name your API key. Under the Permissions dropdown, make sure Withdrawals is selected. Optionally, you can add a Whitelist of IP addresses that will work with your API key. You will also need to enter a 2FA pin code. When ready, click Generate and your key will be generated. Copy your key down to use later in this guide.
Connect your Bleskomat Platform account to OpenNode
Let's now connect your Bleskomat Platform account to your OpenNode wallet.
- Login to your Bleskomat Platform account
- For first time login:
- Find the instructions sheet that you received with your Bleskomat ATM
- Go to p.bleskomat.com/start in your browser
- Use the login phrase from the sheet to login to your account
- Complete the Account Settings step to set an email, username, and password
- For first time login:
- Lightning Configuration
- Select "opennode" from the list of "Lightning Backend Types"
- Copy/paste the API key from earlier into the "API Key" input field
- Save and complete the initial account setup
- Management Interface
- Click "Devices" on the left side of the account screen
- You will find one device listed on this page
- Click the gear icon on the right side of the listed device
- This will open the device's settings page
- Note the various settings available:
- Enabled - Whether or not the Bleskomat Platform will process payments on behalf of the ATM
- Fiat Currency - The currency (bills and coins) which your ATM accepts. Changing this requires re-programming the bill and coin acceptors.
- Buy Limit - The maximum per trade limit for the ATM
- Exchange Rate Provider - The exchange rate API to use when fetching BTC to fiat exchange rate
- Fee % - The percent amount deducted from the final BTC amount when sending Lightning payments
Press the "Save" button to save the settings, in the case that you've made any changes.
- Download configuration file
- Click "Devices" on the left side of the account screen to go back to the devices page
- Click the download icon on the right side of the listed device
A file named "bleskomat.conf" should be downloaded and saved to your computer. This is your Bleskomat ATM's configuration file. It includes the API key information which your ATM will use to create signed lnurl-withdraw QR codes. This is how the Bleskomat Platform knows that a request for payment was initiated by your ATM.
Configure your Bleskomat ATM
In order for your Bleskomat ATM to create QR codes that the Bleskomat Platform will accept, you must configure the ATM using the file that you downloaded previously.
- Un-plug your Bleskomat ATM from power
- Locate and remove the SD card from the Bleskomat ATM
- Refer to the user manual for specific instructions about how to locate the PCB and SD card
- Insert the SD card into your computer's SD card slot
- The SD card file system should be automatically mounted
- Copy the "bleskomat.conf" file to the SD card
- Un-mount the SD card
- Remove the SD card from your computer
- Insert the SD card back into the Bleskomat ATM
- Plug-in the Bleskomat ATM to power
Fund your wallet
The final step is to fund your OpenNode wallet with some sats! First you need to create a payment request, click on the Requests button in the left-nav of your OpenNode dashboard. Enter an amount in fiat that you would like to deposit, by clicking 'Show more options' you can add a description and select the fiat currency. When your desired amount is entered, click on the blue Request button.
This will open a new window with an invoice, click on the Lightning tab. Now you can pay this invoice with any lighting wallet and your OpenNode wallet has sats in it!
Once the Lightning invoice has been paid, you can try a test payment using your Bleskomat ATM.
Test the setup
Now let's test the whole setup to make sure it's working as expected.
- Insert a coin or bill into the Bleskomat ATM
- Push the button
- Open a compatible mobile wallet app
- Please see apps for a list of wallet apps which are compatible
- Scan the QR code with the mobile wallet app
- Follow the instructions in the mobile wallet app to complete the Lightning payment
You should see a Payments transaction appear in your OpenNode dashboard under the Overview, Activity and Payments screens. Congratulations, your Bleskomat ATM is now connected and ready to sell sats!
Need additional help?
If you're stuck and would like some extra help to get your Bleskomat ATM setup working, please feel free to reach out to us directly at email@example.com