How to connect Bleskomat ATM to LNPay via the Bleskomat Platform
In this guide you will learn how to connect your Bleskomat ATM to an LNPay custodial wallet account via the Bleskomat Platform.
- What is LNPay?
- Setup LNPay
- Connect your Bleskomat Platform account to LNPay
- Configure your Bleskomat ATM
- Fund your wallet
- Test the setup
What is LNPay?
LNPay enables you to integrate the Lightning Network into your existing business.
For more information visit LNPay.co.
Please note that LNPay does have a free tier of services but this will limit you to only 500 sats per transaction, which is likely far too low to operate a Bleskomat ATM. Their next tier is the Business level which is 99 USD / month and gives you access to unlimited transaction amounts.
In order to use LNPay you must create an account, click on the Sign Up button in the top right corner to do so.
Once you are in your account dashboard, click on the Go to Wallets button under Services.
On this page click the green Create Wallet button.
At the Create Wallet page you can name your wallet anything you'd like, for the Wallet Type field, make sure Generic Wallet is selected from the dropdown. The LN Node ID field will default to the custodial node provided by LNPay which is the easiest option, however they do offer the ability to connect to your own node if you choose. When ready, click the green Save button.
You will now be at your wallet overview page, on this page click on the Access Keys button on the left panel.
Copy the Wallet Admin key, you will need this information later on.
The last step is to navigate to the Developers dashboard by clicking on the Developers button in the top navbar. Here you will want to copy the Secret API Key to be used later on in this guide. That's it for now, your LNPay account is ready to be connected, onwards!
Connect your Bleskomat Platform account to LNPay
Let's now connect your Bleskomat Platform account to your LNPay wallet.
- Login to your Bleskomat Platform account
- For first time login:
- Find the instructions sheet that you received with your Bleskomat ATM
- Go to p.bleskomat.com/start in your browser
- Use the login phrase from the sheet to login to your account
- Complete the Account Settings step to set an email, username, and password
- For first time login:
- Lightning Configuration
- Select "lnpay" from the list of "Lightning Backend Types"
- In the API Key field paste the Secret API Key starting with 'sak' that you copied earlier
- In the Wallet Key field paste the Wallet Admin Key starting with 'waka' that you copied earlier
- Save and complete the initial account setup
- Management Interface
- Click "Devices" on the left side of the account screen
- You will find one device listed on this page
- Click the gear icon on the right side of the listed device
- This will open the device's settings page
- Note the various settings available:
- Enabled - Whether or not the Bleskomat Platform will process payments on behalf of the ATM
- Fiat Currency - The currency (bills and coins) which your ATM accepts. Changing this requires re-programming the bill and coin acceptors.
- Buy Limit - The maximum per trade limit for the ATM
- Exchange Rate Provider - The exchange rate API to use when fetching BTC to fiat exchange rate
- Fee % - The percent amount deducted from the final BTC amount when sending Lightning payments
Press the "Save" button to save the settings, in the case that you've made any changes.
- Download configuration file
- Click "Devices" on the left side of the account screen to go back to the devices page
- Click the download icon on the right side of the listed device
A file named "bleskomat.conf" should be downloaded and saved to your computer. This is your Bleskomat ATM's configuration file. It includes the API key information which your ATM will use to create signed lnurl-withdraw QR codes. This is how the Bleskomat Platform knows that a request for payment was initiated by your ATM.
Configure your Bleskomat ATM
In order for your Bleskomat ATM to create QR codes that the Bleskomat Platform will accept, you must configure the ATM using the file that you downloaded previously.
- Un-plug your Bleskomat ATM from power
- Locate and remove the SD card from the Bleskomat ATM
- Refer to the user manual for specific instructions about how to locate the PCB and SD card
- Insert the SD card into your computer's SD card slot
- The SD card file system should be automatically mounted
- Copy the "bleskomat.conf" file to the SD card
- Un-mount the SD card
- Remove the SD card from your computer
- Insert the SD card back into the Bleskomat ATM
- Plug-in the Bleskomat ATM to power
Fund your wallet
The final step is to fund your LNPay wallet with some sats! You can do this by clicking on the green Receive button on your wallet page. Enter the amount of sats you would like to fund in the Num Satoshis field and you can enter comments into the Memo field. When ready click on the Generate Invoice button. You can now fund your LNPay wallet from any other lightning wallet by paying the invoice.
Once the Lightning invoice has been paid, you can try a test payment using your Bleskomat ATM.
Test the setup
Now let's test the whole setup to make sure it's working as expected.
- Insert a coin or bill into the Bleskomat ATM
- Push the button
- Open a compatible mobile wallet app
- Please see apps for a list of wallet apps which are compatible
- Scan the QR code with the mobile wallet app
- Follow the instructions in the mobile wallet app to complete the Lightning payment
You should see a send transaction appear in your LNPay wallet under the Transactions tab. Congratulations, your Bleskomat ATM is now connected and ready to sell sats!
Need additional help?
If you're stuck and would like some extra help to get your Bleskomat ATM setup working, please feel free to reach out to us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org